There were rumors about a new Battlefield developed by Visceral Games (Dead Space saga) and based on SWAT or a special police team instead of the army forces. This product would inaugurate a new chapter split from the main videogames produced by DICE.
This project is real and is called Battlefield: Hardline.
1. The leak & first details.
Battlefield: Hardline was spotted by fans inside the code of the latest Battlelog update. There were resources upon this game materialized as background images, icons and the main logo of BF: Hardline.
– Apparently, the game -codenamed Ohama- is ready for E3 2014.
– Four factions: SWAT, Thieves, LW & CR.
– Four classes leaked: Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator, and Professional.
– Game modes leaked: Heist, Blood Money, TDM & Turf War (Small and Large). Commander mode could be in.
– Police baton confirmed (weapon used in melee combat).
A. Game modes and variety:
Blood Money & Heist:
B. Icons & logos.
The Battlelog’s code included some candy in form of icons for different sections: medals, ribbons, weapons, etc.
Classes (Operator, Mechanic, Enforcer, Professional):
C. Equipment & Weapons