MakingStarWars have published a list of rumors from the new Battlefront and the info is juicy. Bullet points:
– The campaign of Star Wars: Battlefront could span the entire Star Wars saga.
– Star Wars: Battlefront could feature segments in which you play as both the good guys (Old Republic, Rebellion and Republic) and bad guys (Separatists and the Empire).
– A small portion of the prequel trilogy could be included (some battles from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the space battle above Corsucant in the Revenge of the Sith).
– The campaign would give preference to cover the original trilogy era.
– Campaign would be pretty long (if your compare with the average campaign in FPS).
– There could be segments set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
– Scale of multiplayer: 64 players (32 per side).
– Space to land battles would be real, but just for some game modes.
– DLC would be extremely aggressive. Expect at least five packs of content. Each pack would be themed and would contain at least three new maps, new hero characters, and new vehicles/ships.
– A “hero” system could be included. The player could play as a “hero” accumulating points. The heroes would be powerful and would have different abilities than the ordinary characters.
– The game would include characters from The Force Awakens.
– Star Wars: Battlefront is expected to be out one month before the release of The Force Awakens.